Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Agility


I’m really perplexed by how easily distracted Jesus Body becomes.  I found myself recently crying out for leaders who can lead from the empty place.  

Emptiness brings nothing to the table and goes away with fresh vision and missional assignment and alignment.   

We’ve gotten way too accustomed to expecting God to do exactly what we’ve seen Him do before, through the same methods and people, and in the same contextual boundaries as we’ve always witnessed.
That doesn’t sound much like the God of scripture who never changes in Word or principle, but finds a myriad of ways and people to accomplish His redemptive purpose. 

There’s a line from a Nicole Nordman song called “Legacy” that has impacted me recently:

And you could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all the who's who's and so-and-so’s
That used to be the best at such and such
It wouldn't matter much . . .


I don’t so much want to leave a legacy anymore.  But I desperately want to lead a legacy, a legacy of vision agility.  I believe vision flows from the center out, from a focused target.  I want to lead a legacy of vision mapping that can only be released from the stability of coordinates on a map.  A map the leads us to the intersection of passion and local predicament. 

It demands simplicity.  If our direction comes from broad statements there is too much room for justification of ministry activity, at the expense of growth.  And by growth I mean true health.

Agility comes in the immediate ability to move innovatively and creatively and organically, based on motion towards achievement.

Agility looks to find people that excel and bring quality to functions that supply movement towards those coordinates.  

Missional is the new attractional.   Everyone is doing Missional now.  It will be uniqueness that draws resources in an attractional way.  Agility seeks it’s unique place in culture.  Copycats are cumbersome.

Lord help me find the simplicity of your voice today, and lead me to that place where my predicament meets your passion, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment